Why do You Need the Best Free Inventory App for Android?
An inventory app for Android is a software application that works on an Android operating system. Almost 70% of mobile users globally use the Android operating system. Apps built for Android are most commonly downloaded from Google Play Store.
To meet the demands of an ever-changing, data-driven market, businesses are relentlessly striving to operate with speed and efficiency, and yoke their business decisions to their data. This is why every operation of a business is now being rebooted and digitized. Inventory management is one of them. Modern software inventory solutions bring unprecedented accuracy to business inventory. No more incorrect data on paper spreadsheets. Inventory tracker software helps businesses streamline their inventory with ordering and costing, to optimize sales and escalate profits.
With inventory tracker apps businesses no longer have to dispatch staff to the bar and backroom to take stock countsa job that's not just tedious but prone to error. Inventory software makes stock-taking a walk in the park. The app allows bottles to be scanned quickly for precise liquor level readings. The data is then organised and archived by the inventory software and can be pulled up in no time with the help of the app's easy search feature.
Inventory software apps also sound stock alerts when bottles hit par level. Oversight in manual inventory may miss low stocks. This may cause a bar to run out of supplies, affecting sales orders. No business wants to tell a customer it doesn't have what they're looking for.
Similarly, deadstock can also be spotted and flagged by an inventory tracker app. By helping a bar keep track inventory apps trim a bar's stocks to what sells, thereby improving the bottom line.
In addition to businesses, free inventory apps are great for home inventory too.
Top 3 Mobile Operating Systems:
The top OS leaders by market share are-
- Android- 70.05%
- iOS- 29.21%
- Samsung- 0.43%
Courtesy- Statcounter.com, December 2021
Top Features of the Best Free Inventory App for Android
The features of an inventory app are largely a function of price- the more you pay, the more you get. Paid inventory apps come preloaded with a battery of features that do more that manage stock count. They can integrate with a bar's POS (point of sales) system to reconcile sales orders with stocks, calculate pour cost and prompt order placement. The powerful analytics of the best inventory management software can also process copious quantities of data to produce up-to-the-minute reports on customer demand, menu pricing, order optimisation, and a whole raft of other functions.
The alternative to paid apps is free inventory apps. Although their features are often watered down compared to paid products, they are still worth the download. Small business owners whose requirements are modest, will profit from free inventory apps. They are also of use to those who want to switch from manual stock-taking systems to automated inventory control but are wary of putting down money before they test the app's waters. (Most paid apps offer a limited-feature free plan, or a limited period free trial with access to all their features. Subscriptions start at $45.)
All free inventory management apps perform basic inventory control and purchase order management. The best free inventory management software also process data to produce performance reports. In addition, they offer the following benefits-
Multiple users multiple locations- The best inventory software apps can be downloaded on more than one ios android device and can be used by more than one user. This makes it possible for several employees to take inventory across different areas of the bar simultaneously, saving time and the effort it would have taken a single individual to do the job. Data is then collected and streamlined by the software. This feature also allows more oversight so errors are avoided.
Barcode Scanning- The repetitiveness of manual data entry makes it prone to mistakes. However, with its barcode scanning feature, an inventory app can quickly and accurately gather a product's information, making it easy to track items, prices, and product location. Moreover, the app allows simple smartphones to double as a barcode scanners, using their cameras to scan barcodes or qr codes on a bottle.
Mobile Application- Supported by the Android platform, an inventory management software app allows monitoring of inventory on the move on a smartphone. Some of the key advantages are 24/7 data access, reduced paperwork, enhanced productivity, and improved operationsall leading to better inventory control. A cloud-based inventory management software make it possible to track inventory in real-time across any Android device.
- According to Future Market Insights, the inventory management software market in the U.S. is anticipated to grow at 8.3% between 2022-2028.
- Major players in retail, manufacturing and warehouse management are focusing on omni-channel platforms and cloud-based systems to enhance their operations.
Today’s technology makes it possible to track all kinds of information from anywhere. Can you track your inventory this way too?
Turns out you can and you don’t even have to pay for it. Heard of the free inventory app?
Zoho Inventory ranks highest among the free bar inventory management system apps. It is preferred by most large and small business for its features like multiple integration with CRM, e-commerce, and payment platforms.
- Provides details on sales, purchases and low-stock.
- Makes it possible to monitor stock levels with Stock Keeping Unit (SKUs).
- Tracks movement of products and expiration dates.
- Vendor details, invoices and purchase orders organized and tracked.
- Generates real-time reports on sales and purchase history, and inventory valuation.
- Centralised dashboard for easy viewing.
Odoo is a suite of business apps that comes in two editions- Community or free apps, and Enterprise or paid apps. The inventory tracking app is part of the Community suite. Odoo simplifies the inventory process with seamless stock control and an ability to manage inventory across multiple locations.
- Users can track orders, shipping details, and make transfer requests.
- Its barcode scanning has built-in Wi-fi and Bluetooth features.
- Automated accounting and generation of inventory reports.
Backbar's inventory management app has three package options- Basic, Essential and Professional. The Basic package is free and its features are solid enough to perform simple inventory control. This app can only, however, be used only at a single location.
Bar ManagementBar Inventory
- Existing inventory spreadsheets can be uploaded to the app for streamlined data.
- Easy-to-use interface for quick stock-taking.
- Simplifies ordering with vendors.
- Generates reports to analyze liquor cost and lower it.
- Allows collaborative inventory.
- Generates 6-month report history.
If you’re looking for an inventory app for Android, you may be overwhelmed by the choices out there.
Instead of paying for a subscription, you could test a free inventory app for Android. Need help selecting the best ones?
This free app lets you manage inventory efficiently with a host of features.
Data DrivenBest Inventory
- Your spreadsheets can be imported to the app so you don't lose data on past inventory levels. Alternatively, you can tap the app's easy use database of brand names, product types and bottle sizes to fill in inventory data.
- Its intuitive Slider feature allows you easily estimate stock levels to speed up the stock count.
- Automated reports provide regular updates on stock levels, sales, deadstock, product and variance.
- Vendor details can be added to the app and orders automatically prompted when par levels are reached.
Boxstorm is a cloud-based inventory management application that helps businesses track inventory from anywhere with their smartphones.
Credit CardsInventory Management
- Tracks items according to expiry dates.
- Enables change of product location within storage or between storage rooms.
- Automatically re-orders in case of low inventory.
- Integrations with QuickBooks Online, Shopify, BigCommerce, Stripe, and Shippo.
You're in business to make money, not track inventory. You need an inventory app that will do the work for you.
Having trouble selecting the best inventory app for Android? Let us help.